The other shot was of three staple removers stacked on the radiator cover in the kitchen. I composed it so the natural light coming through the window would render their outline in the background, but by the time I got around to shooting the image said light had passed. I used also a strobe for this shot. Again, I had about 16 inches of bellows with a 210mm. The strobe wasn't directly hitting the subject but rather bouncing off from behind. Shadows from strobe metered at about f8 at 60/sec. At f5.6 I ended up just opening the shutter and popping the strobe eight times. Looking back, my calculation for exposure was probably off by +2, but considering how dark the subjects are perhaps this wasn't such a bad choice.
Anyway, after years and years of only talking about, at least I'm finally shooting again! I forgot how fast time flies when doing this sort of work.
Posted via m.livejournal.com.